Your skin is 90% of your selfies – unknown
Cold days have arrived and our skin is in desperate need of extra care and moisturizing. Those dry patches are so annoying and painful. Dry skin is unfortunately very unpleasant and needless to say it kills our glow. All we see is a flushed-out skin. So, if you are wondering which lotion to buy or how to get rid of chapped lips. Then fear not, I have your fix!
Simple tips for everyone and for every skin type –
- Keep yourself hydrated so that the body and skin both are hydrated inside-out, this is always a short-cut to healthy glowing skin.
- Avoid hot water instead switch to lukewarm water for bath, hot water dries our skin more than we can imagine.
- Do not go to bed without moisturizing as the next morning we will find ourselves with more dryness
- One spoon of honey every day in the morning will keep your body nourished and skin healthy. Honey is known for its anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties. Looking for organic honey, buy it here
- Avoid sitting directly in front of the heater keep the heater away from yourself. Similarly, like hot water taking direct heat will make our skin dehydrated and dry.
- Indulge in healthy fats like avocados, dry fruits and seeds because they are rich in omega. Our body needs omega’s to keep it healthy and nourishing inside-out.
- Call me old school but this one is a real deal. Apply a drop of oil preferably, almond oil to your naval also known as the belly button. This is like a magic button for us that has the ability to heal and keep us nourished inside-out. A must try ruse!
- Don’t forget your hands and foot. They are prone to dryness just like our face and body. Apply a layer of cream/balm before going to bed to avoid dryness.
- Exfoliate your lips too! To avoid/treat chapped lips exfoliating is the best way to do so followed by a lip balm afterward. Buy it here
- Treat yourself with a face serum/oils/elixir. A face serum/oil is quick absorbing and deep penetrating into the skin with active ingredients. A serum works 10x faster than regular night creams because it has active ingredients like rosehip oil or sea buckthorn oil. It may sound bizarre but face serums are lightweight and every skin type can have its advantages to the fullest. Even the oily-acne prone skin. Buy it here
- Keep your tresses healthy by oiling twice a week and adding a dollop of ghee. Yes, ghee it is highly moisturizing. It is a healthy fat containing essential omega, vitamins and healing properties. also, it aids in locking moisture so bye bye to dry-frizzy hair
- Treat your dry legs and arms with a body butter. A body butter is thicker than body lotions. It tends to keep body moisturized for longer hours. Gives a healthy supple glow to the skin. Buy it here
Hope your selfie game stays strong even through winters!